The Jerusalem Post wrote in an article yesterday that an offshore transmission buoy would begin operating today, supplying liquefied natural gas to Israel. Israel’s offshore Tamar gas field won’t begin production until April, but the offshore buoy is capable of supplying 4 -5 million cubic meters per day until Tamar’s production comes online. The Israeli government estimates that this new supply channel of natural gas will save the their economy 500 million NIS ($135 million) in just the first few weeks of operation, and billions in the next few years. Energy transferred from the new natural gas supply will generate 3,000 to 4,000 megawatts per hour (30,000 – 40,000 homes). This new supply is a milestone in Israel’s 80/20 goal, to have 80% of the country’s electrical energy needs supplied by natural gas. When Israel’s recent natural gas discoveries come into production they will be capable of supplying 100% of their natural gas needs without imports and export natural gas to other markets.
Sign up for updates
This will change the way you read the Bible. Click here to learn more!
Oil Prophecy Video
Price of Oil
- Pro-BDS Presbyterian church set to lose 400,000 members February 9, 2016The Layman is the publication for the Presbyterian Lay […]
- The Grace of God February 8, 2016An Israeli woman’s story on being saved from a Palestin […]
- German pastor Dietrich Bonhoeffer and his fight against the Nazis February 7, 2016Bonhoeffer’s martyrdom and his book “The Cost of Discip […]
- US Professor who said Christians, Muslims worship same God to leave school February 7, 2016Controversy began last year when professor wrote on Fac […]
- Today in History: James Michener’s visit to the Holy Land February 4, 2016"The Source" is a great starting point for Christian re […]
Select a Subject
AME Asher-Menashe License breaking the Treasure code Caesarea Dallas Dead Sea Delek drilling rig Elijah #3 Exploration gas Givot Olam Glen Perry Haifa Israel Jerusalem Post Jim Spillman John Brown Joseph License Joseph Project Lebanon Leviathan Ma'anit Ma'anit-Rehoboth Ma'anit Rehoboth #2 natural gas Netanya Noble Noble Energy Offshore oil Oil in Israel Permian Richard Rinberg Russia Steve Spillman Tamar Tel Aviv Texas Triassic Turkey Zion Zion Oil Zion Oil & Gas ZN